Saturday 12 July 2014

What's Been Happening

Our first walk
Last week we decided to christen the buggy and take Noah out for his first walk.
We couldn't have had a more perfect day. The sun was shining, barely a cloud in the sky and lots of people out and about enjoying the fine weather.
Having been cooped up in a hospital for 3 nights and being at home for a few days without going anywhere, it was a great feeling to be outside and to breathe in the fresh air again.





Noah slept almost the entire time so we had a chance to relax a little and take in our surroundings.






We stopped off next to the Dinghy club for a mini-picnic. If we had been a bit more organised, I would have packed up a proper lunch. Unfortunately, at the moment, it takes me 4 hours to get ready to leave the house!
If the weather stays fine, that will be my excuse to buy a proper picnic basket!



We celebrated 2 weeks of life! (And almost at the 3 week mark now)





Visitors
Auntie Jac and Uncle Rafa!



Skype dates
Met his Auntie Belu for the first time. Yes, it was over Skype, but we hope one day soon they will meet in real life. I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends that even though they are on different continents, they are still such a huge part of my life and now I hope of my sons.

World Cup
Since my little Tic Tac came so early, we have been able to enjoy the World Cup with him as well as Wimbledon a few weeks ago. A good time to come into the world! As he has 'family' in so many different countries, he hasn't made his mind up who he supports yet but he is with Argentina for the final!

First dinner out! 
We went out for dinner last night for the first time since Noah came. It wasn't planned, we hadn't even prepared the milk correctly, but I had a (post pregnancy) craving for a cheese burger and were right across the road from TGI Friday's. We went for it! Tic Tac behaved like a perfect gentleman all through the meal. And by 'perfect gentleman' I mean he fell asleep at the table and didn't wake up until we got home. Perfect!

I still can’t get over how tiny Noah is. His pictures make him look way bigger than he actually is. I see pictures of other new babies and can’t believe they are the same age or younger than Noah when they look so big in comparison. It’s hard for me to imagine him getting any bigger; I know he will, but at the moment, he is still my sweet, tiny little boy.
I want to embrace and cherish this time and not wish it away because of lack of sleep or being overwhelmed. He will never be as ‘new’ as he is right  now, so I want to take it all in.

I'm trying to find some good baby/mommy blogs/forums. Does anybody have any recommendations?
It would be great to get some advice and share stories with other new moms.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous, love the pics and he is just a wee dote xx Libby

    ReplyDelete

Followers