Sunday 22 September 2013

What's Been Happening

With so much travelling lately, I feel like I haven't had a post on what I have actually been doing in Dublin, so here it goes - some happenings from the past month...
(Sadly, all of these photos are taken with my phone, not with my camera.)

Lunch with Grandma

We normally always visit Grandma in her house, but this time we decided to take her out for a late lunch. She is 88 and one of the most independent people I know. She lives by herself, goes on trips with the 'old folks,' takes the train by herself into the city, drives, gets her own shopping and goes to church almost every morning.





 Skype Dates with Lydia and Maggie


Cinema trips -

So often I end up in the movies and watch anything that's on at the time we arrive. This month I got to see two movies I actually wanted to see:  The Internship and We're the Millers. Both were really good and funny. Combined with shopping and some dinner, I love movie dates!
Also a few movie nights at home too with Jacqueline. They always involve chocolate, coke and crisps...see below!!
Don't judge
 A Theatre Visit-

We went to see Shawshank Redemption at the Gaiety Theatre, Dublin. It had been such a long time since I had been there. I used always go every Christmas with my family for the Pantomime but haven't been in about 10 years. It's such a beautiful theatre inside, the pictures don't do it justice.


 Celebrations

Ali's wedding two weeks ago...such fun celebrations - Click here for photos
Got to spend some time with one of my best friends Zied before and after each days festivities




























Pity about the weather!

 Dad celebrated 40 years with his company this week.They threw him a little party in there and put my little gift to shame! (It's the thought that counts, right?)

Congratulations Dad!
 A couple more things to report, but I'll leave them for the next post.

Until then... have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers