Wednesday 20 March 2013

My Weekend in Holland {Short but Sweet}

Two weeks ago, I flew over to visit my Dutch family in Utrecht. It was just the weekend I needed - movie nights, good food, hockey matches, shopping and no work!

It was my first time ever in Driebergen, so I had everyone driven mad with my 'touristy' questions.


























Exploring






I couldn't be in Holland and not come back with a Tulip photo





















































I thought Ireland was mad for bikes... NOTHING compared to Holland. It looks like there are more bikes around than cars. (I'm glad I don't have to drive over there... and so would the cyclists be)






One of the things I was most excited about was watching Noor play her hockey match on Sunday.
Having been so involved in sport (tennis) growing up, I was SO proud to watch Noor playing her hockey match at such a high level. I found myself wondering how fast does time pass - that little girl I knew out there so grown up, so talented. 

Lunch [before the match]


At the match with Elise...freezing! (I'm longing for the post that I won't have to write how cold I was...bring on summer!)






They won!!!
Homework Time

It doesn't matter where you are from, and how old you are... no one likes homework!
















































Roos is also preparing to take herself and her beautiful voice to take part in The Voice (Kids) so good luck little one!!! All the way to the top!!!

Picture time at the end of a lovely weekend. Thank you for being such wonderful people and being my extended family!






2 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful there! I'm glad you posted the tulip pic—they're my favorite flower!

    Glad you had a good time. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the quick trip around Holland! :) I love the tulip shots too! Gorgeous colors! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete

Followers