Monday 25 February 2013

Time

This past 3 weeks sick in bed has given me a lot of time to think.
It made me realize time is a funny thing and how easy it is to let life pass you by saying you'll do things 'tomorrow.'
How often do you hear people say "I don't have time" or "when I have time...?"

The past 2 years of my life, I find I want to be constantly busy - to keep my body and my mind occupied.
I find, the more I have to do, the more I want to do- it's like a drug. While, if I have a few quiet days, the less I want to do and the more I will use the " I'll do it tomorrow..." excuse.

Granted, we have 24 hours in a day, and we need to dedicate a few of those to sleeping, we have much more time to do things than we think. Yes, it might require some organization, it might require a bit less sleep, or it might require you to sort out your priorities, but the time is there, if we just look for it - if we want to find it.

While lying down with the room spinning around me, or on those lovely occassions I have spent lately with my head over a bowl, it is then when you need the time of the people you love, and who you hope love you.
You wish, even if at no other time, those people dedicate a bit of their time to you. You hope they have got their priorities right, re-organized what they need to re-organize and sleep just that little bit less in order to make time for you.

How many songs are written about people letting time slip by, without doing/saying them things they meant to say?

In The Living Years -Mike and the Mechanics
Martha -Tom Waits
The One That Got Away- Katy Perry
Nobody Knows - Paul Brady
If Tomorrow Never Comes - Ronan Keating
If Ever You're In My Arms Again -Peabo Bryson
Candle In The Wind-Elton John
To Love You More- Celine Dion

...And these are just from the first page of my YouTube playlist.

There must be some good reason all of these people (and millions more) talk and sing about doing/saying things when they have the chance... and a lot of it begins with finding TIME!

Find the time, and if you can't find it, create it!

So? Why am I writing this?

~Make time to do fun things~
~Make time to share experiences~
~Make time to pick up the phone to someone you miss~
~Make time to reply to emails / texts~
~Say the things you want to say~
~Do the things you have always wanted to do! NOW! ~
~Tell people how you feel when you have the chance, because your chance will not always be there~
~Work hard to keep the people you love close to your life!~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers