Monday 2 July 2012

What's Been Happening

Feeling quite stationary of late, no travels, no pictures - I'm living for July and my holidays!
I started my rotation in the housekeeping department a few days ago... I am starting out with the girls making up the rooms for a few days, then I'll be in a supervisory role for a week or two, and then I'll start my management position. Already I cannot feel my feet!!!! My body is exhausted... I  flopped into bed after day #3 at 17:00 and by day #4 am already sick with a cold.

I've been watching the football - unfortunately Ireland did not do well...at all.  But since I lived in Spain for years, I can still say one of my teams just WON! Vamos!!!

This was me and Jack start of Ireland's campaign (looking a bit too optimistic) :





































Another day, we went for a visit to Starbucks...where Jack proceeded to try to steal the cakes through the little hole under the glass... (needless to say like mother like son...) As we tried to stop him, he turned around to us with this glint in his eye, finger to his lips and said SHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Shushed by a 3 year old.




































 On the train journey in to work a few weeks ago I found myself admiring 'old' Dublin city...not exactly beautiful, but streets filled with history and pride. I took a few pictures with my phone and only got around to uploading them now.

































It has made me realise I'd love to spend a day rediscovering old Dublin... the small streets, old buildings, bridges, people... Once I find a bit of time, a day of good weather and someone to drive me around; I'll do it! Any volunteers???

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers