Sunday 25 September 2011

Botanic Gardens

On my day off this week, Jacqueline and I took a trip to the Botanic Gardens. I wanted to do something different; be out in the air (a rarity for me these days), and enjoy some nice scenery. It had been a long time since we had been there, maybe fifteen years. From memory, not too much had changed although obviously I wasn't too interested in my surroundings when I was 9.
Jacqueline and I are finding it more and more difficult to see eachother at all with our work shifts, let alone spend an entire afternoon together, so it was nice.

There were so many strange looking sculptures dotted around too. Some were made beautifully, some were just plain weird...


These guys for example - weird! El latino on the left here looks like someone's pulling him through the ground in Miami.


Pippi Longstocking here looks like something out of a horror movie, rather than a childrens story.

 This guy? Well... I wouldn't walk too close.



I know a few people who would tell me this thing resembles my hair... they are probably right most of the time!

Well, when you think of Botanical Gardens, you think of flowers..


There are also a few big greenhouses with all different types of plants..it was really quite interesting!


And more randomness...


A place to go....

To shelter from the rain...


To reflect...

To make a wish and hope for the best...

For protection....

Because maybe everyone needs a scarecrow in their life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers